A few years ago I went through “a rough patch” and I was wondering how I could be happy again, and what my purpose in life was. With the support and encouragement of my friends, I decided to pour my energy into something positive… since then I have done all of this:
- Lots of Triathlons
- Half Ironman UK, and Antwerp
- Cycled across Vietnam !!!
- Came third in the Vietnam International Triathlon
- Travelled for 5 months across South East Asia, and taught English at a school in Cambodia
- Ironman Roth and Catalunya
- lived in Barcelona
- Cycled Mallorca in 2 days for Room to Read
- Cycled the Etape (200km mountain stage of the tour de France) and then cycled 330km back from France to Barcelona
- Ran a Marathon in Sierra Leone and raised 28,000 dollars, with my colleagues, for Streetchild of Sierra Leone
After cycling across Vietnam, I knew I wanted to cycle around the world. In Sierra Leone, I saw first hand how Streetchild get kids off the street and into education in the poorest country in the world and it was something that I feel very passionate about. I realised that I wanted to do something extraordinary and my dreams of cycling the world could also have a purpose that could help make a difference.